On Wednesday, October 24th, Clayton Heights is hosting the Post Secondary Showcase! There will be eighteen institutions from around BC represented! This will give you the opportunity to ask questions such as:
- Admission: dates for admissions or early admissions
- Requirements for applications
- Entrance marks/scholarships
- Special programs they may offer.
There will be two sessions during Block A & B that you may sign up for (you will be called down to sign up on October 22nd and 23rd). Session 1 is from 12:00pm-12:45pm and Session 2 will be 12:50pm-1:30pm. The mini fair will be in the hub from 1:35pm-2:30pm.
The following universities will be here visiting:
- Corpis Cristi College
- Justice Institute of BC
- Farleigh Dickinson University
- Langara College
- Trinity Western University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- Douglas College
- Capilano University
- University of Northern BC
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Island University
- University of the Fraser Valley
- Vancouver Community College
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Canadian Arm Forces/Royal Military College
Tuesday, October 16th, Kwantlen Polytechnic University will be here from 11:15am to 12:00pm in the theater to discuss scholarships, admissions and programs. Please come and join!
Please have your parent/guardian complete and sign the form and return back to your Block A teacher by October 25!
Please hand in the following assignment to the Career Centre by November 15!
Do you have a voice that you want heard? Are you interested in being involved and improving your community?
If you’re age 13-18 or in grade 8-12, join us at City Hall for a day of workshops and activities to discuss community topics that are important to you and your community.
We hope to amplify your voice and advocate for recommendations made at the forum.
You will receive volunteer hours for participating. Refreshments and a lunch will be provided.
Location: Surrey City Hall, 13450 104 Ave
Date: October 26, 2018
Time: 8:30 AM – 3:15 PM
Register for Youth Speak Up
Space is limited, so register quickly!
Call 604-501-5566 or register online using number 4623387 for this free one-day event.
Unique in Canada, The TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are designed to recognize the achievements of youth who are making a difference and help them realize their educational goals. After all, today’s community-minded students are tomorrow’s leaders. TD awards 20 scholarships across Canada, provided there are qualified applicants.
We’re interested in hearing from students who have demonstrated consistent and outstanding dedication to solving a community problem or making their community a better place. For example, you may be cleaning up the environment, promoting social justice, or fighting child poverty.
Up to $10,000 For tuition, up to a maximum of four years
$7,500 a year For living expenses, up to a maximum of four years
Up to $70,000 Value per scholarship awarded
- Have demonstrated community leadership
- Are in the final year of high school
- Have a minimum overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year