The City of Surrey is once again running the Salmon Habitat Restoration Program (SHaRP)- 2021 marks the 26th year of the program!
We are looking for Surrey high school students who are:
- Currently in grades 11 or 12;
- Self‑motivated, enthusiastic, and safety-conscious;
- Passionate about the outdoors;
- Eager to share their environmental interest with the community as part of a team;
- Note that having valid BC Class 5 or 7 Driver’s License, access to a vehicle for daily use, and accident-free driving record is preferred;
We invite those qualified to submit their resume and cover letter to us by May 21, 2021 at email@example.com. The employment period is from July 2 to August 26, 2021, 5 days per week and 7 hours per day at $16.42/hour. COVID-19 measures will be implemented to keep team members safe.
Attached is our hiring poster in two sizes for your distribution. We really rely on teachers and career counsellors such as yourself to spread the word about this job opportunity. We understand that schooling has been taking place both virtually and in person, so please distribute this how you see fit. I’ve also attached a sample blurb you may use for your distribution:
Calling all Grade 11s and 12s! Do you like working outdoors? Are you looking for full-time work this summer? The City of Surrey’s Salmon Habitat Restoration Program is hiring 6 high school students to enhance salmon habitat around the City. Please visit contact your career counsellors or teachers for more information. The application deadline is Friday, May 21.