I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we have officially launched the 2021 WorkSafeBC Student Safety Video Contest. There is $10,000 in prize money up for grabs, to be shared by students and their schools. Your assistance in helping to spread word of the contest is very much appreciated!
The contest is now open and we invite students to submit their entries any time between now and the deadline.
Here are some important points about this year’s contest:
The contest website, including full details, rules, and the contest entry form can be found here
- The contest promotes the positive role that youth can have in preventing the spread of COVID-19
- A poster that can be printed and posted in schools or emailed to students/teachers is attached
- The theme of this year’s contest is I am doing my part (focused on how young workers can do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases in the workplace)
- Contest is open to students in grades 8-12
- To ensure health protocols are followed, students must work independently and film the videos themselves rather than as part of a team. These self-filmed entries can be live action, documentary-style, animation, stop motion…whatever creative style that students can imagine!
- Entries are to be submitted by the teacher sponsor
- Contest deadline is 5 pm, Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Again, complete contest details, including the rules and entry form, can be found on the Student Safety Video Contest web page, linked above.