Envision Financial, a division of First West Credit Union. We are currently recruiting for a student leadership/employment opportunity . We are looking for enthusiastic students, likely those in a leadership type program, to join our Community Crew program. This is an excellent opportunity for students to gain leadership skills, give back to the community by helping out at various non-profit organizations and events, and to gain quality work experience. This is our fifth year running the program, but fourth year running it full round due to how successful it was! The hours are approximately 30 hours a week in the summer months, with one day a week dedicated to a paid internship at a local non-profit organization and the rest of the hours attending local community events to interact with families and children while working along Marketing and Branch teams. During school months students will have the opportunity to work approximately 2-3 times a month as their schedule allows. This year our program will be led by myself, and will consist of a crew of 4-5 students from the grades 10 through 12. Here is some information on last year’s program: https://www.envisionfinancial.ca/community-leadership
Please see below the detailed description of this opportunity, and link for applications. If you have any questions or would like to discuss please feel free to contact me. We encourage all applications to be sent in as soon as possible, !
Do you want to earn some cash over summer but don’t want to flip burgers? How about a job where you get to feel great about giving back to local communities? Envision Financial, A division of First West Credit Union is seeking energetic and upbeat students to engage with the public at our community events, and help out at the various non-profit organizations we support.
Your day may consist of:
• Working at the local non-profits aligned with First West’s social vision to learn more about community needs and provide valuable support to help make a difference
• Entertaining families and other guests at community events (running games/contests, face painting, leading family fun activities)
• Answers questions relating to First West’s basic products and services, referring more advanced questions to appropriate branch or admin staff
• Responsible for carrying, moving, set-up, take-down and clean-up of displays at events (may include tents, tables, games, etc)
Why this is a great position:
• Roughly 30 hrs per week during the summer, then 20 hours per month when the new school year starts
• Give back to local non-profits….and get paid while doing it!
• Works with your school schedule into the next year
• Gain valuable experience, meet with professionals in the finance industry
• Come up with new ways to make our events the best!
What we are looking for:
• A relentless optimist with charisma to spare
• Interest in careers in banking, marketing or community giving
• Know your way around social media
• Be able to get to our Head Office to catch a ride to events (64 Ave and 201 St)