At an elementary school site, the grade 11/12 students will be expected to:
- Commit to a minimum 1 day per week, dependent on the elementary school, from February to June. Students do not attend during spring break.
- Connect with the on-site supervisor at the beginning and end of their shift
Support the facilitator of the program by:
- Leading children in activities that will promote the development of fundamental movement skills
- Modelling responsible behaviour in a leadership role
- Helping create safe games/activities where children can practice fundamental movement skills
- Assisting in the teaching process of Run, Jump, Throw, Sportball BC, Right to Play, etc.
- Assist with set-up and clean up of programs
Training will take place at Tamanawis Secondary, Room M110, Friday, January 17, 4:00pm-6:00pm. Please see Mr. Fisher in the Careers Department for an application.